- Act out dramatic scenes.
- Sing and stage musical numbers.
- Bust out some dance moves.
- Write an original story with a playwright.
- Design costumes, posters and sets to bring it all to life.
- Perform live on stage for friends & family.
- JOIN US or just show up!
- It’s all FREE. For real.
- Get professional theater training from our team of seasoned pros.
- Stay active and have fun after school and during the summer.
- We’ll even come to your school!
- Meet cool new people.
- Do cool stuff.
Cool Rules After School
ACT 1: The Workshops
Get Your Groove On: Relax and focus with mental, physical and vocal exercises.
Act Out: Improvisation and theater games to help enhance concentration, creativity, language, movement and observation skills.
Sound Off: Script reading and singing.
Step Out: Dance and choreography
Get Smart: Lessons on acting, singing, clowning, puppetry, spoken word, theater production and playwriting.
ACT II: The Rehearsals
- Practice lines, blocking, songs and dances.
- Create the script, set design, sound design and posters.
ACT III: It’s Showtime!
- Debut a world premiere production.
- Perform live on stage at community events.
- Attend live professional theater performances.
Join us for afternoon workshops and rehearsals during the school year.
3:30-4:30 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
September 2017-May 2018
African American Art & Culture Complex
762 Fulton St., San Francisco
Hot Fun in the Summertime!
Beat the summer blues and join us for free musical theater programs.
June 5-August 4
Various locations, including Don Fisher Boys and Girls Club, Buchanan YMCA, Western Addition Beacon Center, Booker T. Washington Community Service Center, Margaret Haywood Rec-Connect, and MagicZone.